Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Looking for Something . . .

UPDATE: item found. The amazing librarian, Bonnie, from Maryland pointed me to it in less than ten minutes. Librarians are amazing.

Here's the picture if you're curious. Picture

______________________________

My grandmother had a framed picture on the wall by her front door. It was probably a framed print, but I'm not sure - it might have been a painting, but I doubt it.

It wasn't huge - maybe 1' by 1 1/2'.

The picture was kittens playing on a vanity. I distinctly remember one of the kittens was licking cold cream/moisturizer from a small open container. That's the only real detail I remember. The vanity was something we'd now consider antique-y.

The style of art was similar to what's shown in these links:

Sample 1

Sample 2

Sample 3

I can't find a copy of it anywhere.

The horrible part is that I had it. I got it after both my grandparents died, but I lost it, probably in a move. It's truly a mystery because it was so precious to me that every time we moved, I made sure I carried it with me. Somehow, I lost track of it, and, of course, I'm sick about having lost it. Every now and then I'll try to search for it on the Internet, but I haven't had any luck.

I'm hoping someone out there can direct me to a copy or perhaps the artist. Many, many thanks.

Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment