Friday, September 9, 2011

Festival


March 10-11, 2012 -- I'll be attending the Tucson Festival of Books. I'm thrilled that I'll get to be a part of a cozy mystery panel with fellow authors Rebecca Hale, Jenn McKinlay, Avery Aames and Kate Carlisle. And, I get to do a cooking thing with Avery Aames who writes a great (I should have said 'grate' huh?) cheese shop mystery series. I'm really looking forward to the weekend. If you're in the area, stop by and introduce yourself.






I love Arizona - mostly. I think cactus are fabulous and I'm fascinated by all the amazing colors you can find in the desert. But the July and/or August heat can be pretty brutal. I can't imagine how difficult it is to work outside during those months.

A few years ago, my husband, my son and I took a trip to Tombstone, Arizona. Even though it was brutally hot, I had a great time. As much as I love Arizona, I really really loved that trip. In fact, though the setting for my Country Cooking School series is in the fictional town of Broken Rope, Missouri, it's a lot like Tombstone -an Old West tourist town. I doubt I'll have time in March, but I hope to get back to Tombstone again soon. Even though much of it is about "fun," there's something really wonderful about the sense of history you feel as you meander down the boardwalk and watch a gunfight or two. Loved it.

Hope you have a great week and read some amazing books!

Paige

6 comments:

  1. How exciting, Paige! I might have to see if Rich is interested in a little weekend trip. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, keep me up to date, Sabrina. I hear it's quite the festival. Hope you have fun at B-con.

    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  3. March sounds like a great time to be in Arizona. Glad it's not July!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it'll be great fun, Dru. Really looking forward to it.

    Paige

    ReplyDelete