Friday, October 14, 2011

She's Still Here


I hesitated to write this post. I don't want to jinx anything. But ultimately I realized that it's good to be grateful no matter what happens next.

Back in March our dog, Gizmo, was diagnosed with cancer. The vet told us she probably had about seven more months to live - that seven months is up. And, she's still here, doing very well. We treated her with a new drug, Palladia, for a couple months. We decided, though, that if the drug made her sick or miserable we would stop the treatment. We wanted whatever she had left to be as happy and comfortable as possible. After those first couple months she did start to feel poorly, so we stopped the Palladia. She's seemed to feel pretty darn good ever since. We took her in for blood work last week and she's still in the normal range. She still weighs the same, and she's still very playful.

Tomorrow, the 15th, is her birthday. She'll be five. I keep telling her that she needs to give us at least five more years. I hope she's listening.

When she was first diagnosed I put out a plea for prayers and positive thoughts. So, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am certain of this: she wouldn't be doing as well as she is if not for those good vibrations. Today, I'm sending good wishes out to everyone. May something absolutely wonderful happen to you today.

Thank you.

Paige

2 comments:

  1. She is so cute....I love her name.

    How is the football team doing this year?


    Jill B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jill. Football team is okay. We'll go to playoffs, but we just lost our Homecoming game - that wasn't fun. Hope you are well. Great to hear from you.

    Paige

    ReplyDelete