Wednesday, April 7, 2010

New Market

For part of the day yesterday I stopped by some local Salt Lake City bookstores and asked to sign their in-store copies of FARM FRESH MURDER. It was fun -- and I really have to comment on how wonderful all the Barnes and Noble people were. They knew I'd never done that sort of thing before and they really made me feel welcome. Thanks for that.

Anyway, as I was driving down State Street, across from Fashion Place Mall, I noticed something I'd never seen before. Sunflower Farmers' Market. It's an indoor market, that is like a grocery store, but kind of not.



I only had a few minutes, but I ran in and looked around quickly. Everything seemed pretty fresh and at first glance, the prices looked pretty good too. I need to explore it further. Apparently, they are a chain -- locations only in the western United States at this point. Here's their web site: http://www.sfmarkets.com/

It's a trip from my house, but I'll definitely give it a second look.

Anyone know anything about it?

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your sale to Berkley and on the release of your first book in the series! Enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sherry! And the best to you. I know you are enjoying your time in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course we're wonderful people at Barnes & Noble. I can testify to that; I work in one of the Birmingham, Ala. stores (grin). Oh, and I think there's been some local interest in your book; I bought a copy after ringing one up for a customer, since the cover art captured my attention and led me to check it out.

    Best wishes, and best of luck. (Is that redundant?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Harper -- for commenting and for buying a book. And, I'll take all the "bests" I can get. ;-)

    You are lucky to be a part of the Barnes & Noble group. It seems everyone there loves books as well as their job. You all make it a comfortable and enjoyable experience.

    I'm working on getting bookplates and would be more than happy (tickled pink, actually) to send you some signed ones. Just email me with your store address.

    Best to you, and thanks again!
    Paige

    ReplyDelete