Saturday, July 31, 2010

Green Pasta

On the cover of the cookbook is some green pasta. To me it looked delicious; fresh and veggie-like. My son wasn't impressed, but he promised to take at least one bite of every dish so I let him know he'd be tasting some Spaghetti with Arugula-Mint Pesto. He thinks pasta should never be green but a deal's a deal.

The "sauce" was made by blending up the the arugula and mint and by adding other ingredients such as olive oil, cheese, lemon zest, garlic and pepper.



Honestly, again my picture doesn't live up to the pictures in and on the cookbook.

The best news: my son ended up loving it. He ate two big platefuls and asked to save the leftovers for lunch the next day. This is rare -- he doesn't like reheated food.

The good news: I loved it, too. Really tasty, very fresh and veggie flavorful. To me it tasted like I expected it to taste.

Husband was out of town so he missed out, but I have no doubt that he would have dug right in.

I think I'll start rating the recipes. Anything three stars or above should be considered good.

One star - ick.
Two stars - ick, but might be okay with a change or two.
Three stars - good, but probably won't make again because it was either too complicated or time-consuming.
Four stars - Delicious and will make again soon.
Five stars - Delicious and will make again within the next week.


This recipe: 4 to 5 stars.

Want your own copy of the cookbook? Here's how to win:
Contest!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, so did you make the pasta too? If so, can you tell us that part? Or did you just buy some green pasta?
    This sounds like somthing we woould like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question. I can see how you might think that. The pasta's just good old spaghetti. What makes it green is the sauce that you make using the other ingredients. You toss it all together.

    Paige

    ReplyDelete