Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Garlic Mashed . . . Heaven

page 139:

Roasted Garlic - Olive Oil Mashed Potatoes

There were a couple reasons this recipe appealed to me. I have never roasted garlic before and I wanted to give it a try. Also, we love mashed potatoes, my son especially.

So, first - roasting the garlic. The recipe calls for eight cloves of garlic to roast in a bath of olive oil and rosemary. After about half an hour in the oven, you squeeze the garlic out of the peels and set aside. I thought this might be difficult, but it was very easy, and I have to admit, kind of fun.







After boiling the potatoes, I mashed them with a masher, added a butter/milk mixture and then the garlic and a little more olive oil.

I was worried I'd read the recipe incorrectly because the consistency was more whipped than mashed, but I double-checked, and I had done it correctly. Despite that small concern, this dish was delicious. We're on a roll with these recipes because even though this wasn't super easy, the taste trumped everything. Another solid 5!

I will make this again and again. I suspect I'll use a little less of the butter/milk mixture next time just to see if the consistency is more appealing.

Yuuuu . . . uuuum.

No comments:

Post a Comment