Sunday, August 22, 2010

Grilled Onions

We eat lots of onions. Sometimes we eat them raw, but typically we saute them in olive oil with mushrooms and serve with burgers, steak or pasta. Until a couple years ago, I don't think I ate one onion in the span of a full year. Now, we probably have four to five a week. I heard how good they were for you and I decided I'd try to get them in our diet. Raw's okay, but when I started sauteing them (which probably isn't as healthy as raw, but still) we couldn't get enough. We all love them.

On page 136: Grilled Marinated Red Onions

We got the huge red onions from our farmers' market. So, so fresh!

This was amazingly easy. The marinade was oil, vinegar and thyme! Thyme -- who knew what that spice would do to oil and vinegar? The onions grilled up perfectly and mixed very well with the marinade. They were delicious on their own, but I suspect they'd be perfect on burgers or steaks or . . . gosh, I think the list would be endless.

Most definitely a 5! I bet we'll not only make this again soon, I bet we'll make it within the next couple days.



Don't forget about the contest. Here are the details:
http://radicleroot.blogspot.com/2010/07/contest.html

No comments:

Post a Comment